How long is yours (Service Starting)

ross.dargan

Question

The service starting message on my machine lasts AGES. I'm working with support trying to get it resolved but I'm assuming it's a bug and I suppose it's possible that this is just how long it takes for drive pool to start.

I have 7 drives in the pool with 17TB of space. It takes around 40 minutes after a reboot before I can use the stablebit drive pool software or access any files. 

Does anyone else experience this?

I'm using Server 2016 (I've just moved to a new host SSD drive), and i'm using the latest beta of drive pool. 

5 answers to this question

It should start relatively fast.  

The exception is that it may take longer if StableBit CloudDrive is installed and mounting drives, IIRC. 

But it sounds like this may not be the case, and that this isn't normal.

If you could, enable boot time logging:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Boot_Time_Log_Collection

Also, when the system in in this state, run this: 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Troubleshooter

Also, what version are you using specifically? 

2.2.0.852, 2.2.0.875, other? 

I'm having the same issue. I have 2 fresh drives, added them to drivepool, then started copying files to the new Drivepool drive. Server crashed mid-way, don't understand if because of drivepool or not, then I launched drivepool again and left it on overnight, when I woke up it said starting service (7 hours), and it got in eventually. Now I stopped the service and re-started it, it shows me 12 minutes into waiting. I followed Q2299585B, but still no luck, might need to re-install it.

Version 2.2.2.934