Google CloudDrive Dropping Out & Copying Google-Drive-To-Google Drive

eldite

Question

Hi,

A couple of questions

1. Recently I've noticed by CloudDrive has dropped out a lot more than usual.   I was able to partially mitigate this by increasing the retry count in the settings to 30.  The message says something like "cloud drive was not able to download data from the provider" or something like that.   The log usually has a lot of this in it "[ApiGoogleDrive:44] Google Drive returned error (userRateLimitExceeded): User Rate Limit Exceeded".

It used to be very reliable, but recently much, much, much less so.  It drops out a lot with heavier usage.  Has anyone else been experiencing this? 

2.  I run two cloud drives on google, under separate accounts which synchronize from to the other for redundancy.   When I upgrade cloud drive, I attach one disk, test it for a week, then attach the other and re-enable the sync.   Recently my ISP called up and said I'm running close to the line on their "fair use policy" (45TB last month).    

Q2a) If I do a direct google drive to google drive copy on another account of the raw files, then I attach cloud drive to that replicated drive, will it work?

Q2b) Does anyone know of a service or way to do a google drive to google drive copy between accounts? 

Cheers

4 answers to this question

Found my answer to #2 here: http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/2891-migrating-data-from-one-gdrive-to-another/?hl=%2Bcopy+%2Bclouddrive

Shame you can't mount both drives on the same system.  Having the ability to "re-id" a drive would be very nice, but I understand the challenge from a development perspective.   I might have to run another copy of CloudDrive in a VM. 

Any info on the drop-outs would still be appreciated. 

For the drop out,..... yeah, there isn't anything we can really do here.

Google implemented a bandwidth limit a month or two ago.  Something like 700GB of bandwidth PER day.  If you exceed it, you get throttled for 24 hours.  From what I understand, it only blocks uploads, but may slow downloads. 

So, waiting fixes it.  Otherwise, you'd want to enable bandwidth throttling for the drive ("Manage Drive" -> "Performance" -> "I/O Performance" )

45TB or 4.5TBs? 

Because of that's 45TB, daaaayum.  :)

As for the replicated drive, as long as you're not mounting them on the same system,  yes.  Otherwise, it's not just a clone... I mean, it is, but also the ID files for the drive are identical, which makes tracking "impossible", and will cause issues.

As for GDrive to GDrive, I believe that RCLONE can do that.  Otherwise, not really.

Thanks, yep 45TB.   We have gigabit capable fibre to most urban houses now in NZ.  It's fantastic and it means using my CloudDrive is faster than many of my external hard drives.  

I did a small test using MultCloud to copy between Google Drive accounts and it seems to work well.   I'll try it with my primary cloud disk.  It's $7 per month, but I can live with that. 

I've really started to rely on CloudDrive (and as a result Google Drive) now, I'm storing all our photos, videos, pc backups, a number of virtual machines, database backups. etc.  and of course a fair bit of media.  So ensuring I have a redundant copy of the data in another account is quite important to me.