Cloud Drives , Cloud Storage, Plex, and Havoc

marquis6461

Question

Well the time has finally gotten here.

1. Is the StableBit Cloud Drive able to be read from the browser side by logging into the provider.  Such as using One Drive or Google Drive?  Simple question, not to stir the pot.  I have a lot on the Browser side and do not wish to upload it again. and Vice versa.

2. According to the info I have,  If you create a small cache with the Cloud drives and bind them with DrivePool.  Plex does not know the difference.  Is there a restriction to having multiple computers attached to the same cloud drive if each has the CloudDrive and DrivePool License?

3. I understand how the system works on a lot of levels and I am always telling folks the best way is the KISS way.  My only concern is now that cloud drives have been shown to be stable (Pun Intended), Can they act like a kind of watering hole and have access to them even if you are not sitting at the originators system?

Thanks again for a great piece of software. 

3 answers to this question

1. No.  We store raw disk data on the provider.  Well, for Google drive, it's obfuscated, but still.

You can't read the files.  And this is by design.   

2. each drive can only be mounted at one location at a time. This is explicitly to prevent data corruption. 

3. That depends.  they work like a normal drive. So you can host network shares off of them. Or a web server. etc. 

Answers to my questions.  Thanks.

The only addition to the question is #2.  

If the drive is detached from mine and then I go to another computer.

I have a valid CloudDrive on it  Can I log into the Drive on the other computer.

Explanation:  I am cleaning and maintaining an inventory of custom pens for a website.

If I want to work on the database, I have to download the files.  Takes a while, and upload it back.

Drive has High Res photos of Pens that don't need to be moved up and down.