Provider suggestion: Jottacloud (unlimited and privacy-centric)

Tell

Question

I’d like to suggest that Covecube revisits Jottacloud as a possible provider for StableBit CloudDrive. Jottacloud is a Norwegian cloud sync/cloud backup provider with an unlimited storage plan for individuals and a very strong focus on privacy and data protection.

The provider has been evaluated before, but I’m not sure what came of it (other than that support wasn’t added).

Jottacloud has no officially documented API, but they have stated officially that they don’t oppose direct API access by end users or applications, as long as the user is aware that it isn’t supported. There is also a fairly successful implementation in jottalib, which I believe also has FUSE support.

10 answers to this question

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:26 AM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Honestly, we haven't gotten to adding additional providers yet.

However, this information is very helpful. so that when we do, it may make it much easier.

I've added the links to the ticket, so that Alex (the Developer) will see them. 

I'd vote for Jotta also please :-)

16 hours ago, RetroGamer said:

They also say "unlimited storage" But if you read the fine text in norwegian they say that anything over 10tb is what they call abusive and you will not be allowed to upload more than that. 
Just a heads up :)

Other than that, its great.

Well, they reserve the right to do so, but they haven't capped me – and I'm well in excess of 10 TB! :-)

19 minutes ago, Tell said:

Well, they reserve the right to do so, but they haven't capped me – and I'm well in excess of 10 TB! :-)

I see they have changed it now. It only throttles upload gradually now :) when you reach 20tb you will get 1mbit/s 
Good that you're happy with it :)