Files cannot be moved to satisfy file placement rules

rbutler81

Question

DrivePool is telling me I have 753GB of files that cannot be moved because it can't satisfy the file placement rules.

For the life of me I can't find what the conflict is, I didn't change anything...

I added a new drive and set up some rules for it - those rules worked because I have the data I wanted on that new drive.

Is there a way to see exactly what the conflict is?

A way to see which files this message is referring to? Or which rules this is referring to?

It would make it a lot easier to get this sorted out... 

In a log file somewhere?

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

That's fine, but if you do have an issue like this, it's best to contact us directly first.  We don't check the forum as aggressively, so if you only post here, it may take longer for us to get to you, which... we don't like.

And to be honest, one of the things that bugs me a lot, is that while a lot of issues may appear the same, in many cases, they're not.  We've had a number of cases where that was the case on the forums, and it as a PITA to deal with, because it was following two conversations in the same thread, and details and responses get mixed, even when trying to keep everything separated as possible.