Unable to remove drive from pool

dhochmuth

Question

My WHS2011 server recently went through a Windows update.  Somehow in the process one of the pool drives file system got corrupted.  (The pool was set to duplicate all files prior to the issue occurring.) I tried to remove it but kept getting errors. It had 300+ GB of data on it previously but now shows mostly "other" data. Based on another post I downloaded and installed 2.2.0.798 BETA but still am unable to remove. I run with both Force options enabled, the progress bar shows a few percent complete (<10%) and eventually stops yielding an error message to run CHKDSK, which I have done multiple times but still cannot successfully remove the drive. 

Is there any way to physically remove the drive and repair the pool? I have a backup drive that I can use to restore the data. I am tired and frustrated with spinning my wheels on this.

3 answers to this question

I shutdown, removed the drive, restarted.  When I went to check the pool, I received this error: The background service failed to start... (Screen capture attached).  I restarted with the same result.  I tried to access one of the files on the pooled drive letter as a test and was successful. StableBit DrivePool Service is listed as started under "Services."

Suggestions?

post-5323-0-18272400-1502508252_thumb.jpg

On the system in question, try running this:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Troubleshooter

After doing that, try resetting the settings:
http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q2299585

Alternatively, you may want to install the 2.x version, as there are a lot more improvements to that version.  

The license and pool are both compatible with either version, as well.