Unable to create nest

CC88

Hi Covecube,

First time user of Bit Flock but I'm unable to create a Nest.

I've disable firewall etc, just in case, but still no joy.

The error says "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send." - screenshot attached.

post-7160-0-42536300-1499324575_thumb.jpg

Glad to hear it is still working, in general, but still no joy on my end.

I am using ESET Smart Security firewall/antivirus. But even if I completely disable both firewall and antivirus modules - no restrictions -, I still get the same error. Very strange...

Thanks for the effort... I tried from another PC and it worked fine. Made a claimed Nest, etc, no problem.

Still doesn't work from the original PC but, since it's due for a rebuild, not worth wasting too much time on it... it is just strange that it shouldn't work for no apparent reason.

My only guess would be, it may be due to some of the "unnecessary" Windows services I've disabled - has never stopped anything else from functioning.

Anyway, thanks again. I'll save the troubleshooting for the rebuilt PC, if needed... hopefully not!

Well, if you disabled WMI, that could cause it.  Or if you've disabled HTTP/web related stuff, that could also do it.

That said, if you really, really want to (sounds like it isn't worth the effort though), download and run "fiddlerCap", and this will help see what is going on. 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Web_Logs

• 1 month later...

Sorry to take so long to reply... instead of trying to troubleshoot what wasn't working (most likely disabled HTTP/web service), I just set up new PC.

Scan and connection now works fine, under Win 10, but have a new issue...!

I have two PCs, both run and update my BitFlock nest fine. But each time I run BitFlock on one PC, it no only updates my nest but removes the other PC details. So the nest only ever shows one PC at a time.

Is this normal? I thought - maybe mistakenly - each PC I run BitFlock on would update and add, not replace, to my nest's computer list and be able to see multiple computers' HDDs at once.

• 3 weeks later...

Nest ID is definitely the same - have only created one nest. And computer names are different.

Is very easy to replicate. Each time I update one computer, it updates the nest but removes the other computer.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

• 8 months later...

Finally got back to this and still the same issue unfortunately.

Each computer updates the same nest fine but each time I update from one computer it removes the other computer from the nest.

Claimed nest ID is definitely the same... screenshots attached.

Only thing I can guess at, is there some glitch due to the nest ID containing a "." ?

bitflock1.JPG

bitflock2.JPG