File permissions/Access

aBe_FX35

Question

Hello everyone, (screenshots linked below)

i have been crazy trying to fix plex, my Fiance just had spinal surgery and is a heavy plex user especially now. I really have no idea what is going on, but i can explain everything in detail if needed im relatively tech savvy.

So this person from Netgear was assisting me in an issue where i could not access a specific set of folders which i needed to access for remote video editing on my other home private network. So the netgear tech went in and i thought they knew exactly what they were doing but they seemed to be experimenting as they went along, but this issue had me stumped for weeks so i let them go ahead thinking they a the professionals.

Plex has been working PERFECTLY on the same equipment, same settings everything up until after the tech phone call where she changed windows permissions and security settings on a bunch of different drives and folders (in order to troubleshoot my lack of access problem, separate from plex) plex at the time was working fine.

The thing is these videos i could not get to are also stored on my dedicated PLEX Drivepool, where i keep all files for video only. So in the process of trying to allow me access through network/windows permission settings , it changed something and now plex has no idea what to do or how to access the files. i can post screen shots if you want.

Now when i click on a file through plex it shows in RED "Unavailable" and once you click the error to see further details it says " Inaccessible" in RED and when you mouse over "Please check the permissions for this file". When i click play, it attempts to play or says loading failed or check permissions. 2 more important things to add, MOST of the files will not play but i found a folder that will play fine through plex as if nothing ever happened. Here is the error i get :

PLEX: "Conversion Failed. The transcoder crashed or failed to start"

File reading failed:
VLC could not open the file "P:\Movies\3.Beverly.Hills.Cop.III.1994.mp4" (Bad file descriptor).

Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 
'file:///P:\Movies\3.Beverly.Hills.Cop.III.1994.mp4'. Check the log for details.

(MOST folders in my directories now have "little pad locks" on them as if they are locked, no idea why.)

THE SCARY PART for me... when i click on the SOURCE video files, directly through my pc, not using plex... most files have errors playing in VLC, im not sure if its a VLC error or all my files toast ? i will be devastated if my collection is gone.

Plex Server is running on my Windows 7 PC downstairs, hardwired into home network. it solely dedicated for plex and i really dont use it for much of anything else anymore, except for being my Media server where i have x4 WD RED NAS 4TB drives which make up my plex database. which are all drivepooled into one drive to make things simpler

"PLEX (P:)"

Please let me know if you need any other information. THANK YOU for listening and helping, any and all advice is welcome to fix this. (sorry if i made it too long)

SCREENSHOTS:

post-4199-0-93648200-1499200374_thumb.png

post-4199-0-97119600-1499200377_thumb.png

post-4199-0-89208800-1499200378_thumb.png

post-4199-0-42867200-1499200382_thumb.png

post-4199-0-94547200-1499200386_thumb.png

post-4199-0-46656900-1499200387_thumb.png

post-4199-0-97983300-1499200387_thumb.png

post-4199-0-42766000-1499200391_thumb.png

post-4199-0-92003200-1499200395_thumb.png

2 answers to this question

Try doing this, and see if that helps:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q5510455

If that doesn't help, then please try this beta version, as it may fix the issue:

http://dl.covecube.com/DrivePoolWindows/beta/download/StableBit.DrivePool_2.2.0.765_x64_BETA.exe

If that doesn't help (or if you don't want to install the beta version), then please do this: 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

Replicate the issue, and then upload the logs.