A new pool always starts off as an empty drive.

docjl61

Question

The title is taken from the user manual.

Indeed I combined 3 hard drives in my pool, but when I click on it in Windows Explorer, its empty.

I should eventually see those files appearing in the drivepool, right?

You must have seen this question a million time already, sorry about that

4 answers to this question

Yes, data on those drives

I was searching the forum for "empty pool" and I've seen a couple of reference similar to yours.

It just confuse the hell out of me to see the drivepool 16Tb showing the graphical 70% full usage, yet when I double click it, nothing...

So yes, I need to move the files over from original location to the new drivepool disk. Just so I dont do anything wrong, what do exactly you mean by "(hidden) directory"

I was just about to cut and paste the content of drive X into DrivePool D

Now I believe you mean cut and paste content from drive X to the poolpart.bla-bla-bla (hidden) folder just beside it   

EDIT: Ha-Ha, I realize I just re-wrote your exact instructions, sorry, I'm a little tentative and I just dont want to messup

I am just about ready to proceed, but I have another question

Those 3 drives I combined into a pool each carry a folder similarly named (movies).

Should I copy this (movies) folder for all 3 drives? What I mean is Windows doesn't let us have 2 folders or 2 files with exact same name in a given location.

I wish to end-up with just one (movies) destination folder holding the content of all 3 source movies folders.

EDIT: I just created 3 folder named "Test", each containing a "test *.txt" file (* being a, b and c respectively)

then moved them to their respective poolpart hidden folder and the end result was perfect, a single Test folder but containing all 3 test a/b/c files

The title is taken from the user manual.

Indeed I combined 3 hard drives in my pool, but when I click on it in Windows Explorer, its empty.

I should eventually see those files appearing in the drivepool, right?

You must have seen this question a million time already, sorry about that

Nope. You need to move the files into the pool. 

But you want to do this: 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q4142489

I am just about ready to proceed, but I have another question

Those 3 drives I combined into a pool each carry a folder similarly named (movies).

Should I copy this (movies) folder for all 3 drives? What I mean is Windows doesn't let us have 2 folders or 2 files with exact same name in a given location.

I wish to end-up with just one (movies) destination folder holding the content of all 3 source movies folders.

EDIT: I just created 3 folder named "Test", each containing a "test *.txt" file (* being a, b and c respectively)

then moved them to their respective poolpart hidden folder and the end result was perfect, a single Test folder but containing all 3 test a/b/c files

Yeah, StableBit DrivePool is fine with the same folder and files on the pool, It shows up as one, merged together.