New Read-Only mode

triadcool

Question

9 answers to this question

.... well, thanks for winning me that bet. Not even 24 hours. :P

Yeah, we already talked about this. It is likely to make it into future versions, just not "right now".   

Specifically, this functionality was added as part of a change to allow "offline attachment" basically, and this was added due to the issues going around with Amazon Cloud Drive and Google Drive (there has been a big crackdown on accounts this week). 

Alex thinks he has it figured out ... but it won't be simple to implement. So it may end up as 1.1 or 1.2 feature. 

tl;dr:  yeah, this will likely get added in the near future. 

Hello!

I just downloaded CloudDrive version 1.0.1.880 in order to try it out. But I can´t find this mentioned read only mode? How do I add a read only drive?

My usage scenario is to use an ftp connection (on which I have no write access on the server) and I wanted to mount it as a read only disk. But I get a permission error (550). The ftp connection is created nicely but I can never mount it as a disk.

I think I'm missing something here...

But I can´t attach it since I get a permission error..."Can´t create directory 550".

I found the read only menu on other created disks. Thank you for the hint.

But is my use case even supported? Connecting to a remote source where I have only read, and mounting a read only disk.

I'm guessing that CloudDrive tries to create some disk metadata folder when I mount it, thereby getting the permission error?

Ah, okay.

If you have no write access at all, then this won't work.  We write some data to the METADATA folder, namely to set the mount status (when and where), so that the drive CANNOT be mounted in multiple locations at once.

Enabling the "mount disconnected" option *may* allow you to do this, but I am not sure (I suspect not).