How to choose what drive CloudDrive uses for copying/storing local data?

pants

Question

I'm working on archiving/backing up several TB of data that I have on a local network drive by copying it from the network drive into the CloudDrive drive letter. When this happens, once of my local PC's drives is filled up with what I presume is a cache of sorts that is stored for copying off to GDrive over the days-long process each chunk takes to upload.

How can I choose what drive is used for this temporary/cache storage? I can't seem to find the option in the program and I'm sorely disliking how I can't set that as an option.

4 answers to this question

I'm on version 855, but as of this version, this option is still available. When you attach a drive or create a new one, select Advanced Settings and you'll see an option to select your cache drive. 

The cache drive can only be an internally connected drive, I believe. I think the reasoning was that if the drive gets disconnected while it's being actively used as the cache, then the driver will crash and that could cause your system to blue screen, so they set the application to only use internal drives.

The cache drive can only be an internally connected drive, I believe. I think the reasoning was that if the drive gets disconnected while it's being actively used as the cache, then the driver will crash and that could cause your system to blue screen, so they set the application to only use internal drives.

Correct. And more specifically, in that case (when the drive for the cache disconnects), the only viable option left is to crash/BSOD.  

Beautiful, thank you! I didn't realize I had to detach/reattach.

Yeah, to change any cache settings, you usually have to detach and reattach.  There are a number of technical reasons for this (we specify some information for the cache before it gets created locally, that cannot be changed after it's been created).