Beta 746 from 742 (Performance options checkmarks gone)

Beaker1024

Question

So hopefully this is just a quick one to let you know or let me know why.  Was on 742 Beta and I could see in the "Performance" options and I am 99% sure I had all of them checked but the "Bypass ..."

So upgraded to 746 and now I can't get check marks back next to any of them at all.  When I expand the lower GUI section for "Performance" it only has one verticle bar graph now.  It's labeled "Fast I/O" and that's all.  No Netowrk I/O boost anymore.

I'm not sure I'm even getting "Real-Time duplication" anymore which is actually the main one I'd like to know for sure is happening.

Thanks for any input.

post-1814-0-03841700-1493652888_thumb.jpg

post-1814-0-19028800-1493652943_thumb.jpg

8 answers to this question

OK it fixed it self.  NOTE: When you install the Beta via Remote desktop and it loads the Drivepool GUI inside WHS2011 desktop it has the issue above.

Log off the RDC and use WHS2011 "DashBoard" and BAM Drivepool is good to go again.  looking nice..  I can see all the checkmarks and the lower Performance GUI when expanded upward has all the graph bars...

Sorry for the extra / new thread.

Just checked by RDPing again today and I can see the checkmarks fine this time.

BUT I have the GUI only showing a few of the HDDs in the pool basically about half the of the drives that are actually there.  I tried using explorer on client Win 7 to browse a bounch of different folders (all are in the DrivePool on WHS2011) and ran into no issues.  So it's odd the DrivePool GUI only shows a few HDDs and the smaller reduced capacity as if the other drives are just GONE!

OK more goodies for you. I went into the dashboard again and it had 2 out of maybe 6 disks listed with it'ssilly low pool size andsuch  even though the folders and files worked fine.  So I checked the Balancer settings for fun and after saving a small tweak I got my full drivepool back!!! Yeah sounds great right??  Well I decided I wanted to tweak the balancer again to uncheck allow unduplicated files for a few disks.  That's when I got this error!

PS - I feel like I should say something nice about Beta 746. It seems to be VERY VERY Fast for folder navigation and file access.  I liked the idea of cleaning up the duplication tags too as I have had issues with those in the past.

post-1814-0-10084500-1493775559_thumb.jpg

I did the "resetting" all the settings procedure and all seems perfect now after several times looking at the GUI by both Remote desktop and by the Dashboard from client.

That did the trick.  Maybe a note in the changelog that doing this might help after doing beta upgrades?  Or if you have a notion one set of changes might need it more than others?  I just didn't think of it.  Thanks for the help!