[Feature Request] Time Range or Idle Computer Driven Backups

Zyper

Question

Just wanted to pitch something that would be of extreme use to me.

I currently have an awful internet connection (live in the woods with only option being DSL).  This won't be permanent for me but currently is something I have to deal with.  Because my connection is 12Mb down / 1Mb up it is incredibly hard for me to backup anything in a timely manner.  I would love to have the options to have it operate from either a certain time period (ex 1am-6am) or to possibly have it only backup when computer is idle.  Folding@Home has the great option that it only takes over my graphics card when my computer is idle, I would love for CloudDrive to do the same thing.

While I don't know the intricacies of that, the simpler solution is to give us the ability to only let it upload from certain times.  With that being said I would love for there to be a more intuitive option to cease uploading than unchecking the upload threads but for the time being this is fine.

5 answers to this question

Sounds great! Thanks! Love the product so far, can't wait to have better internet.  I don't see QoS as an acceptable solution, unless my understanding of how local VPNs work is incorrect (which is not only possible, but likely), all my information flowing in/out will look pretty close to the same.

Ah well yeah, if you are using a VPN for everything then yeah, your router will see everything as just being VPN traffic.  In that case you might want to look for a client-side software solution like netlimiter.  I'd probably prefer this to using whatever stablebit comes up with because then it works with all my applications, not just stablebit's.