Poolpool + CloudDrive with VeraCrypt container

zhup

Question

Hello,

How Poolpool + CloudDrive work with VeraCrypt container (uncheck: Preserve modification timestamp of file containers)?

What happen if I will add new file to the cointainer? Will whole container be dupilicated by drivepool or only small parts? What about the cloudrive in such situaction?

3 answers to this question

You mean storing the container on the pool? 

If so, there shouldn't be an issue with this, and the data would be duplicated as it's written.

Real time duplication causes all data to be written to all targets as it's being written, this way there are not complications/issues with open files. 

Additionally, as you change the file, the parts that are written are written to all sets of the file, in parallel, as well. 

As for CloudDrive, I'm not sure what you mean here.

How the CloudDrive upload the VeraCrypt / TrueCrypt container?

Example (Dropbox):
Dropbox can synchronize only the changed portions of large files, while Google Drive and SkyDrive can only synchronize entire files (as far as I can tell). This means that, if you have a 100GB TrueCrypt drive and change a small file in it, Dropbox will upload a small portion of the TrueCrypt file, while Google Drive and SkyDrive will re-upload the entire 100GB file.

StableBit CloudDrive is a block based solution.  So it only uploads the changed blocks of data.  It wouldn't need to re-upload the entire file, unless all of that data has moved.  

So if only a small portion of the data on the disk is changed, then only that changed data is uploaded.