licences

GiuseppeChillemi

Question

3 answers to this question

A single drive can only be mounted on a single system at a time.  You can detach it on one system and attach it on a new system, but you can't attach the same drive on 5 different systems at the same time. 

If you have a single account, you can create multiple drives on that account and mount the different drives on the different systems.   And yes, in this case, you'd need five licenses.  (though any license after the first for a specific product is $15/each instead of full price, up to 8 licenses total on the same activation ID). 

Wow I didn't know that! Was contemplating buying another one or two cloud drive licenses, this makes the decision much easier.  :)

Side note to the OP. To work around the one-pc|one drive limitation, I installed "sync thing" on my nodes. It is free and works sort of like a dropbox or google drive client but without the central cloud storage piece, all data syncs and resides solely between your equipment. So I can sync directly between nodes, or even do one way syncs, exclude files, etc. It's very customizable.