Move "Pre-Release" Google Drive To New Drive

Derek Leeth

Question

5 answers to this question

To my understanding, pre-release has nothing to do with functionality or performance. It is only the developers seting this banner to show that this is pre-release (Stablebit, not Google) and that a release candidate/version is pending.

/F

This. 

It's not harmful or anything. It's just letting you know that the drive was created with a pre-release (beta) version of the software. 

You can safely ignore it, as it won't impact the drive. 

That said, if the drive was created with a much older version, you MAY want to consider recreating the drive and migrating the data over, because there have been a bunch of changes and improvements since some of the older builds. 

But this is not mandatory, nor necessary.  It is completely optional, on your part. 

http://blog.covecube.com/2017/03/stablebit-clouddrive-1-0-0-854-rc/

Pre-release Drives

Any existing cloud drives that were created prior to the 1.0 RC will show a “pre-release” banner.

PreRelease-273x300.png

Although the RC is fully backwards compatible with all of the previous BETAs, the back-end functionality may have changed since, and those pre-release drives may not be utilizing the most optimal code paths. For example, there may be newer validation algorithms available, better data organization patterns, or simply that the default settings for new drives may have changed.

To get the best experience in StableBit CloudDrive, ideally, your drives should be created with version 1.0.0.854 or newer.

To my understanding, pre-release has nothing to do with functionality or performance. It is only the developers seting this banner to show that this is pre-release (Stablebit, not Google) and that a release candidate/version is pending.

/F

I will have to read over the release notes again but I thought I saw something about the "Pre-Release" drives not using the new code base. Although I don't remember if it gave details on what all that meant so if the new code base would have better performance and reliability or not. Its working great as is, it was just the release notes made it sound like the new version had quite a few changes in it for how the drives with the different providers worked.