Drive Creation: I can't remember but a while ago

Storage Chunk size: 10 MB

everything else is the same default settings

Provider: Google Drive

Encryption: Yes

Drive Creation: I can't remember one of the newer releases .800~

Storage Chunk size: 20 MB

One note is the encryption drive is currently in a state of chaos where it has errors on it, but i cannot fix the errors partially because half way through the drive dismounts/disconnects and after that the scan fails and i cannot fix it. But i have seen that that original drive i made a while ago has incredible speeds. Close to 300 Mb/s, the encrypted drive gets around 80 Mb/s, I thought maybe it was the encryption issue so i tried to make a new drive no encryption same chunk size. And it only gets about 80 Mb/s as well. I am curious what is causing it to have such good speeds? Is it a case of the errors on the drive so it's overpulling? Just curious. And thought it was an interesting topic of conversation

I also just joined that twitter contest so hope to have a free copy of the cloudDrive! Great product as always

4 answers to this question

I have two drives atm.

Encryption: No

Drive Creation: I can't remember but a while ago

Storage Chunk size: 10 MB

Encryption: Yes

Drive Creation: I can't remember one of the newer releases .800~

Storage Chunk size: 20 MB

One note is the encryption drive is currently in a state of chaos where it has errors on it, but i cannot fix the errors partially because half way through the drive dismounts/disconnects and after that the scan fails and i cannot fix it. But i have seen that that original drive i made a while ago has incredible speeds. Close to 300 Mb/s, the encrypted drive gets around 80 Mb/s, I thought maybe it was the encryption issue so i tried to make a new drive no encryption same chunk size. And it only gets about 80 Mb/s as well. I am curious what is causing it to have such good speeds? Is it a case of the errors on the drive so it's overpulling? Just curious. And thought it was an interesting topic of conversation

I also just joined that twitter contest so hope to have a free copy of the cloudDrive! Great product as always

Could it possibly be you who forgot that you set a higher minimal download size ? :) It greatly increases the speeds (i got 400-800 mbit on mine with minimal download of 20 MB)

Encryption shouldn't significantly affect the performance of the drive. 

It DEFINITELY won't affect the download or upload speeds, either.  

That said, Alex (the Developer) has a nice writeup of how the encryption works, if you want to take a look.

http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/1269-full-drive-encryption/

That said, I would recommend creating two IDENTICAL drives (using the same storage chunk size) and see how that fairs.