Amazon Cloud Drive - encrypted drive key

greendk

Question

Hello

I had an 2TB encrypted drive on my server with alot of files, mounted to Amazon Cloud Drive with the StabeBit software. My server crashed and I can not access the mounted drive anymore because the server is gone for good. I saved the encryption key. How can I mount the drive to another PC so I can see my files again?

Thank you for the help

2 answers to this question

Hello

I had an 2TB encrypted drive on my server with alot of files, mounted to Amazon Cloud Drive with the StabeBit software. My server crashed and I can not access the mounted drive anymore because the server is gone for good. I saved the encryption key. How can I mount the drive to another PC so I can see my files again?

Thank you for the help

Just connect the account on the new server and you should be able to force an attach

Specifically, install the software, and log back into your account.  

This should list the available drives.  The one that was mounted will show up as yellow highlighted, and prompt you about attaching an "in use" drive. It will then prompt you for the encryption key.  

That said, if the drive that the cache was on, plug it in before installing the software, actually.  The software will see the cache data, and can recover it.  If you don't have access to the drive, then keep in mind that any data that was written but not uploaded may be lost or corrupted.