DrivePool with CloudDrive help

fantomdew

Question

Greetings Folks.

I am sorta new to the DrivePool and CloudDrive products and looking for a little help on set up. I am looking to use two cloud providers as drives in a DrivePool and i want them to essential duplicate or mirror the other. I have both drives setup with a local cache drive and i have my pool created with one of the CloudDrives and the SSD cache plug in. Are there any other steps to make sure the SSD cache is used for the initial writing if i turn on the Pool File Duplication? is this the option i want? Also what is the best way to do it so that the mirror happens in the back ground as to not take up all my bandwidth when something gets uploaded to the DrivePool.

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

For the SSD Optimizer, you need to have 2x SSDs if you're using duplication. Otherwise, one copy will be written to a different drive. 

As for not taking up all of your bandwidth, you can manually limit the upload speed that each drive uses. Click on "Drive Options" -> performance -> I/O performance.