Increase Sector/Chunk size

Neaox

Question

Hi there, I started with a CloudDrive of 10TB I have since used the "Resize" option to expand this to 100TB. The new size is reflected in the CloudDrive UI but not in windows. If I take a look at the drive in Disk Management I can see that the extra space is there as unallocated space. If I try to expand the drive I get the following error: "The volume cannot be extended because the number of clusters will exceed the maximum number of clusters supported by the file system".

Basically my question is, is it possible to increase the sector/chunk size of a CloudDrive.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

Hi there, I started with a CloudDrive of 10TB I have since used the "Resize" option to expand this to 100TB. The new size is reflected in the CloudDrive UI but not in windows. If I take a look at the drive in Disk Management I can see that the extra space is there as unallocated space. If I try to expand the drive I get the following error: "The volume cannot be extended because the number of clusters will exceed the maximum number of clusters supported by the file system".

Basically my question is, is it possible to increase the sector/chunk size of a CloudDrive.

Thanks.

It depends on how you set the cluster size. Since you have had a 10TB it should automatically be set to GPT. Can you shrink the drive? Because if you extend it at a smaller increment it should extend it correctly. It might be that you have moved it above a certain threshold based on your OS and your cluster size.

Theoretical NTFS limit is 256. And also you can use the PoolDrive? that stable bit offers as well. It will give you a way to pool multiple drives together.