Expand/Rename existing cloud drives

Neaox

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi, Thanks for the tip. I have resized the drive, it shows the new size in the StableBit UI however in windows explorer it still shows the old size, even though I have unmounted and remounted the drive. Any tips?

Hi, Thanks for the tip. I have resized the drive, it shows the new size in the StableBit UI however in windows explorer it still shows the old size, even though I have unmounted and remounted the drive. Any tips?

What size are you expanding it from? If you were below 2 TB and then decided to go above 2 TB it will not work, because it is likely formatted in MBR and needs to be on GPT. 

to rename, just rename like you'd do to a normal disk. Changing the volume label should change the CloudDrive label, IIRC.

What size are you expanding it from? If you were below 2 TB and then decided to go above 2 TB it will not work, because it is likely formatted in MBR and needs to be on GPT. 

We only initialize to GPT.  Not just for capacity, but because it also stores the NTFS data twice. So it's less prone to corruption/damage. 

Open up Disk Management, and try resizing. 

Keep in mind, if you had a drive smaller than 16TB and are trying to resize it to larger than that.... you may run into issues due to cluster size when formatting (drive creation).