CloudDrive without obfuscation?

renxwar

Question

I'm trying to get Plex Cloud and Google Drive setup. Plex requires the media to be 1:1, instead of the CloudDrive default of splitting up the files and making it only readable on CloudDrive. Is there any way to prevent this, I.E. have filename01.txt be filename01.txt on the Google Drive side?

3 answers to this question

On 4/11/2017 at 6:32 AM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Current, nope, there is no "no obfuscation" option. 

It is somethign that has been requested and discussed internally, but at this time, the data is obfuscated. 

That said, Gbyrd is correct. The normal Plex version should work with a mounted CloudDrive disk without issue. 

After all these years, ist this still not on the roadmap?
I would appreciate such an option greatly, as I want my data to be readable independently of CloudDrive and DrivePool without being rewritten entirely.

I'm trying to get Plex Cloud and Google Drive setup. Plex requires the media to be 1:1, instead of the CloudDrive default of splitting up the files and making it only readable on CloudDrive. Is there any way to prevent this, I.E. have filename01.txt be filename01.txt on the Google Drive side?

Don't use plex cloud instead just use vanilla plex it should work instead.

Current, nope, there is no "no obfuscation" option. 

It is somethign that has been requested and discussed internally, but at this time, the data is obfuscated. 

That said, Gbyrd is correct. The normal Plex version should work with a mounted CloudDrive disk without issue.