Scanner spins up hdd when graphic card/Monitor switched on from idle

sfox

Question

I have a MSI b150m eco board with the latest bios and the latest driver installed on Windows 10 pro 64.
I have installed the latest stable version of drivepool and scanner, there is no balancing or scanning activated
I have a pool with 3 hdds and a seperatly ssd for the os outside the pool, all drives are connected to the mainboard.
In windows energy management, i set an idle timer for the hdds and the monitor, the pc is always on.
After awhile, the monitor go to idle and the hdds spins down.
Now, when i use the mouse/keyboard and the grafic card/monitor goes on, the hdds spinning up.
I set various times in the windows energy management, always the same effect.
I retry this test many times, every time when the graphic card/monitor goes on, the hdds spinning up, when the graphic card/monitor is idle, the hdds are
are idle too.
I stop the scanner service, the hdds dont spinning up, i use another software (crystaldiskinfo), the hdds dont spinning.
In the scanner-ui, i test various settings, i set "Throttle queries" to 720, "Only query during the work window or if scanning" and i am outside of this
window and i set "Do not query if the disk has spun down", nothing help with this problem.

Is this normal for the scanner, how can i solve this?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet