Drivepool Server Essentials 2012 R2 and Media Pack

zeus163

Question

Has anyway installed the new media pack? If so, are you able to stream from a folder within the drive pool? I was unable to and received errors when trying to access my pictures folder that was set up for remote web access. My music folder kept showing up as having no music, so I ended up setting my music folder on a drive that is not on the storage pool and restarted my server. I was then able to stream music from remote web access. Anyone have any ideas why the drive pool folders didn't seem to work for me?

4 answers to this question

I just looked at that setting and I do have CoveFs_ReportAsNtfs as true.

Under Remote Web Access my music folder would report as empty and the video and picture folder would produce a media library error that was super general and didn't give any information. When I moved the music file to a HD that is not part of the pool, then I could access those music folders remotely.

That might be it. Neither of those folders was listed under indexing. So, I'm doing a test and checked the box to make sure my pictures folder was going to be indexed. I noticed my drivepool wasn't listed there, but I had to go into each folder and then go into pool parts to find my pictures folder. After they index, maybe they will be shown then. Thanks for the tip.