ELI5: Just made a pool, cant see the new pool letter....

riahc3

Question

Just bought and installed DrivePool right now and added 4 drives; 1 was nearly fully and the others are empty. 

Im trying to access the new drivepool letter it says it has assigned it (I:) but I cannot access it.

WS2012R2.

Just bought and installed DrivePool right now and added 4 drives; 1 was nearly fully and the others are empty. 

Im trying to access the new drivepool letter it says it has assigned it (I:) but I cannot access it.

WS2012R2.

OK, now it (I:) is showing up but inside there are no files.

E

F

G

H

Are my other drives. E is nearly full. Shouldnt I see everything in E, inside of I?

Pool file duplication has be turned on (x2). I plan to change it to "folder" duplication for certain ones x2 and critical ones x4.

Why isnt it showing up?

3 answers to this question

Not till you move that data into the hidden pool part folder. This is completely normal and how it is supposed to work since added a drive with data already on it.

I'm on my phone so I can't link you to the article but I believe it's called pre seeding a drive or something like that. Check the wiki and it will walk you through the steps. It's extremely simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q4142489

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

And the move should take a very short amount of time.

Any time you move data around on the same disk, it does a "smart move", where instead of re-writing the data, it just changes the directory entries for the files.  This can take a few minutes (up to ~30, depending on the number of files and folders) 

So this is MUCH faster than straight up moving the files to the poo.