Empty PoolPart folder - cause of mis-reporting Other?

JohnSpoonz

Question

Hi

I've set up a 2-disk pool using a pair of 4TB hard drives. Both drives are dedicated to the pool i.e. have no non-pooled data, yet the statistic displayed in DrivePool reports 1.5TB of Other.

I did a bit of investigation and there appears to be a rogue PoolPart directory on one the 2nd disk which is empty. Could this be the cause? 

If so, I tried to delete the empty folder, but Windows wouldn't let me. Is there a quick fix?
If not, do you have any ideas what it could be? 

Disk 1 - F:
PoolPart.be5e2572-871d-4287-b954-8fa08274ea08

Disk 2 - G:
PoolPart.74b7a9ae-35c3-47d7-b3a4-6076082c3e1d
PoolPart.8129887a-a4f0-4a26-bfd5-dcd223b33c91 <<<< This is the rogue / empty folder

1 answer to this question

Remeasure the pool (Pool Options -> Remeasure).

Depends on a number of factors.

If the PoolPart folder is not hidden, then it has been removed from a pool, and is considered "not pooled".   

And in this case, if there is data in this folder, then it will show up as other data.

To be honest here, I think the best solution will be to move all of the data out of both of the poolPart folders on this disk, delete the folder, reboot the system and then re-add the disk to the pool.  And then move the contents into the newly created PoolPart folder and remeasure. 

If you have issues with deleting, then do this;:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q5510455

Also, I think you opened a ticket that involved this.  

We can see about opening a remote support session so I can take a look at what is going on directly and help out.