access time

skapy

Question

12 answers to this question

This depends heavily on the size of cache you have, if you've enabled pinning, and your download speed. 

Make sure that pinning is enabled for the directories. This will help with folder enumeration. 

To do so, click on "Drive Options". -> "Performance" -> "Pinning", and make sure both options are enabled.

Also, you may want to increase the number of threads for thte drive.  THis will help grab mre data at once.

To do so, click on "Drive Options". -> "Performance" -> "I/O Performance".  Increase the download threads here. But not too much, as that may have the reverse effect. 

Server: 1gbit up/down

Home: 50/25mbit

Both options for "pinning" are already enabled.

Threads are at 10 for down/uploading.

If i change the "prefetching" settings, can this give me better access times?

Settings in prefetching:

trigger: 1mb

forward: 10mb

time window: 30sec

regards

I'm starting to have this issue as well. My CloudDrive used to feel just like any other drive but now opening folders can take minutes. Nothing has changed as far as my settings and I have both pinned settings on. I used to have the cache size set to minimum. I've increased the cache size but so far no change.

It kinda seems like things just haven't been pinned yet, it's weird. Once I have gone through the long load time for a folder is now remembers and that folder opens quickly now. But I have some Plex media on the drive and Plex scans have gotten much slower as well.

It feels like stablebit cloud drive is only scanning if u are trying to access a folder.

Would be good if this would happen when i attach the drive.

I will test it with another provider to see if this is an amazon related problem or software/settings related.

Increasing the prefetching settings would increase how much data it grabs.  It may or may not improve the directly load time.

That said, the "forward" sets how much data it goes and grabs. Setting this to a higher amount means that it prefetches more data. 

The "time window" is how long it ensures that the prefetched data remains in the cache.  If you increase the forward, you want to increase this as well, so that the data doesn't get cycled out too soon. 

100MBs and 180s may be good values for this, respectively.

That said, if you're experiencing this isue, please enable drive tracing and reproduce: 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Drive_Tracing

The link contains a big "Submit Files" button at the bottom.

click on that, and that takes you to a dropbox upload form. 

Or you can just go here:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/lrCAeFa2EH9VSJqP3QLM

This will allow you to upload the large file, and so that only we (Covecube) can access the file. 

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I have the exact same problem.

However, I don't know that it is tied to the "prefetch time window" option, as folders that I accessed two or three days ago (and two or three detach/attaches) ago still load up near-instantly. But folder I've never clicked into in Windows Explorer still take 1 - 2 minutes to show contents.

This is with my original Prefetch Time Window setting of 30seconds, and the updated 180seconds recommended in this thread.