HighPoint RocketRaid 2522 with 3 SansDigital 8bay esata enclosures, no S.M.A.R.T.

SantiagoDraco

As the title says I'm trying to read SMART data from Scanner on drives connected to Sans Digital 8 bay enclosures (TowerRAID TR8M-B).   The controller card is a HighPoint RocketRaid 2522 (hardware raid with port replicator support).

So far no SMART data, all Scanner can do is see the drives and scan them for surface health.

Have tested on both WHS 2011 and Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2.

Thanks.

I tried changing the UnsafeDirectIO value to true in the config and after this I received this error when attempting to start the service:

"Error 14001:  The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect.  Please see the event log...."

This occurs if I make the config file active by renaming it.  If I rename it back to _default then the error does not occur.

Thanks again!

I tried changing the UnsafeDirectIO value to true in the config and after this I received this error when attempting to start the service:

"Error 14001:  The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect.  Please see the event log...."

This occurs if I make the config file active by renaming it.  If I rename it back to _default then the error does not occur.

Thanks again!

Try using a different text editor when you edit the file.  Sometimes they can insert strange line feeds and such that will cause the configuration to fail to load.