Upload stops overnight

Gbyrd

Question

I am on 1.0.0.802 and every night the upload mysteriously stops. It was similar to an issue i use to have before where it would dismount overnight but on 802 it doesn't seem to dismount which is nice it just errors and stops uploading. I have a drive trace ready however it is not letting me upload via your contact us form because the limit is 10 MB and mine is about 13. How should i submit a ticket? Thanks 

19 answers to this question

Fixed it, updated to another version and everything works now it appears.... 

Nothing seems to be downloading anymore so i dunno what to do. It is prefetching however it is never actually playing any video. Always that thought of is this the update that is gonna break my drive completely. Windows keeps asking me to chkdsk the drive, just curious how you run the chkdsk when cloud drive mounts the drive.

When you go into the technical details does it show a bunch of prefetch threads but with all of them downloading 0%?  This may be the same corruption problem that at least myself and another are having.

yeah it looks like it, however i am getting a chkdsk prompt did you get that?. So i am running that first and then going from there. If my drive corrupted it would be absolutely shitty because i have 7TBs of data, and to redownload would be annoying, although not too bad but realistically next time i get a version that works completely fine i am not touching it with an update. If it ain't broke! 

It was working fine but it wasn't uploading. I was able to watch the shows with no problem. Updated it and then it fixed upload but broke the download. Gah

I lost about 48TB of data because of this issue. :/   The issue started happening to me when I was on a older version for over a month.  I didn't upgrade or change anything and started having this chunkid="" issue.  Stablebit is not finding chunks that do actually exist in Google Drive.

Open the technical details windows, and click on the "service logs" button. 

This will open up a new window that will show the service log output.  Click on the "Tracing levels" button, the "C" group and open the "Chunk ID helper" section.  Select "Verbose" and then reproduce the issue. 

Once you do the above you will most likely see something like this:

22:15:26.3: Information: 0 : [ChunkIdHelper:84] Chunk 366031 read (State=Found, ChunkId='')
22:15:26.5: Information: 0 : [ChunkIdHelper:89] Chunk ID for chunk 366031 is '' (via cache)
22:15:26.5: Information: 0 : [ChunkIdHelper:89] Chunk 366031 read (State=Found, ChunkId='')

If you see the above with ChunkId=""  then you are affected by the same issue as me and a few others.  Again, the chunk exists on Google Drive (I have verified this many times) but stablebit doesn't find it which causes corruption.

I lost about 48TB of data because of this issue. :/   The issue started happening to me when I was on a older version for over a month.  I didn't upgrade or change anything and started having this chunkid="" issue.  Stablebit is not finding chunks that do actually exist in Google Drive.

Open the technical details windows, and click on the "service logs" button. 

This will open up a new window that will show the service log output.  Click on the "Tracing levels" button, the "C" group and open the "Chunk ID helper" section.  Select "Verbose" and then reproduce the issue. 

Once you do the above you will most likely see something like this:

22:15:26.3: Information: 0 : [ChunkIdHelper:84] Chunk 366031 read (State=Found, ChunkId='')
22:15:26.5: Information: 0 : [ChunkIdHelper:89] Chunk ID for chunk 366031 is '' (via cache)
22:15:26.5: Information: 0 : [ChunkIdHelper:89] Chunk 366031 read (State=Found, ChunkId='')

If you see the above with ChunkId=""  then you are affected by the same issue as me and a few others.  Again, the chunk exists on Google Drive (I have verified this many times) but stablebit doesn't find it which causes corruption.

Do you get chkdsk errors? I am just gonna wait for a bit and see what happens. I am in the midst of running chkdsk. After it runs i will check to see everything works hopefully. But seems to be the newer versions have something messed up. .802 had an upload issue and the newer ones seem to have corrupted everything else that was on the drive

Do you get chkdsk errors? I am just gonna wait for a bit and see what happens. I am in the midst of running chkdsk. After it runs i will check to see everything works hopefully. But seems to be the newer versions have something messed up. .802 had an upload issue and the newer ones seem to have corrupted everything else that was on the drive

I got no chkdsk errors after testing - the error is simply that the chunks dont have a reference to the right chunk on the provider.

I ran chkdsk /r and it changed my cloud usage to 6 GB from 11 TB but the chunks are still there, so I think Covecube needs to find a way how to search or readd them manually. 

Alex (the Developer) is looking into the "uploads getting stuck" issue, and hopefully will have a fix out soon.

As for the other issue, Alex is also looking into this issue, as we have a number of users (yes, you guys) that are experiencing this issue.

Thanks for the response. My issue might be slightly different although similar. At least windows is asking me to do run a chkdsk. Which i am doing at the moment. So i am waiting for that to finish before i make any conclusions on the data. The crappy part is i can't download anything since the drive is not accessible. Hopefully this scan finishes soon and it gets back to a working state.

Hello does the latest beta fix it for you guys? 

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.0.827_x64_BETA.exe

Apparently you have to reset database in settings and reauthorize for api v3 to work. 

* [issue #27339] When a volume is dirty, display a more informative error message and user feedback item.
* [issue #27342] Fixed "An element with the same key already exists" when multiple chunks exist with the same index.
* [issue #27331] Rewrote volume name query code to not use VDS.
* [issue #27344] When multiple files are found for the same chunk, note a warning in the log with the chunk number.
* Fixed thread aborts.
* Fixed Technical Details window not updating.
* [issue #27342] Updated the Google Drive provider to use the v3 API.
* [issue #27342] Enabled logging of chunk ID enumeration after database reset by default.
* [issue #27342] Added "Allow missing chunks" to the Troubleshooting menu.
* Fixed uploads getting stuck.
* If multiple chunks exist with the same name, use the first one..827
* [issue #27339] When a volume is dirty, display a more informative error message and user feedback item.
* [issue #27342] Fixed "An element with the same key already exists" when multiple chunks exist with the same index.
* [issue #27344] When multiple files are found for the same chunk, note a warning in the log with the chunk number.
* Fixed thread aborts.
* [issue #27342] Enabled logging of chunk ID enumeration after database reset by default.
* If multiple chunks exist with the same name, use the first one.

Hello does the latest beta fix it for you guys? 

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.0.827_x64_BETA.exe

Apparently you have to reset database in settings and reauthorize for api v3 to work. 

* Fixed thread aborts.

* If multiple chunks exist with the same name, use the first one..827

* Fixed thread aborts.

* If multiple chunks exist with the same name, use the first one.

Have not tried it yet. You have any luck? My drive is STILL running a chkdsk read which is god awfully long. I don't know whether to wait, or redownload everything on my drive cause at this point it seems like it would be faster.

Have not tried it yet. You have any luck? My drive is STILL running a chkdsk read which is god awfully long. I don't know whether to wait, or redownload everything on my drive cause at this point it seems like it would be faster.

My stuff was RAW so the new update did not help me. This was my issue and resolution, http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/2567-files-starting-to-go-corrupt-cloud-drive-throws-no-errors/?p=17786

My stuff was RAW so the new update did not help me. This was my issue and resolution, http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/2567-files-starting-to-go-corrupt-cloud-drive-throws-no-errors/?p=17786

how were you able to run chkdsk from command line? I am unable to get that because the drive gets put into use and it asks to have it dismount before i do it. It's been running for a few days now. Don't know if the data is going to be recoverable at this point. Don't know whether to restart my computer or wait until the chkdsk is finished But it is a lot of data 7TBs not sure what to do

how were you able to run chkdsk from command line? I am unable to get that because the drive gets put into use and it asks to have it dismount before i do it. It's been running for a few days now. Don't know if the data is going to be recoverable at this point. Don't know whether to restart my computer or wait until the chkdsk is finished But it is a lot of data 7TBs not sure what to do

I pressed y to dismount but chkdsk did not solve my issue, it made it worse infact and made the whole drive RAW so I wouldn't recommend it but it may work for you. 

I pressed y to dismount but chkdsk did not solve my issue, it made it worse infact and made the whole drive RAW so I wouldn't recommend it but it may work for you. 

Yeah i don't know what to at this point so i am just letting it run at the moment. There really is no alternative as the data on the cloud is pretty useless if i can't read it back, how long did your chkdsk take and how much data did you have? just curious what the ballpark.

To clarify here... 

The issue is that the read-modify-write behavior is causing issues with Google Drive. Instead of updating the file, it's creating new chunks.  This means that when you download the new chunks, it's only getting partial data.

This can cause data corruption, and cause the disks to show up as raw.

This has been addressed in the latest versions....

And more importantly, Alex has written a recovery routine into the newest version that attempts to peice together this data, to recover it. 

Additionally, we've updated the API version, and adding additional code to ensure that this doesn't happen again. 

Please grab the 1.0.0.834 version, if you haven't already. 

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.0.834_x64_BETA.exe

To clarify here... 

The issue is that the read-modify-write behavior is causing issues with Google Drive. Instead of updating the file, it's creating new chunks.  This means that when you download the new chunks, it's only getting partial data.

This can cause data corruption, and cause the disks to show up as raw.

This has been addressed in the latest versions....

And more importantly, Alex has written a recovery routine into the newest version that attempts to peice together this data, to recover it. 

Additionally, we've updated the API version, and adding additional code to ensure that this doesn't happen again. 

Please grab the 1.0.0.834 version, if you haven't already. 

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.0.834_x64_BETA.exe

Thanks updated. One drive is stuck in mounting in the software although the drive has shown up in my computer already. and the one that is broken is "connecting" Looks to be indexing data. Not sure why that one that is mounting is stuck on that because it should have alreayd successfully done so. Well hopefully it snaps out of it.

Downloaded it, it no longer asking to chkdsk the files like it use to however, it did not complete a chkdsk on anything. It is still not reading back the files from the drive.

Thanks updated. One drive is stuck in mounting in the software although the drive has shown up in my computer already. and the one that is broken is "connecting" Looks to be indexing data. Not sure why that one that is mounting is stuck on that because it should have alreayd successfully done so. Well hopefully it snaps out of it.

Downloaded it, it no longer asking to chkdsk the files like it use to however, it did not complete a chkdsk on anything. It is still not reading back the files from the drive.

Could you grab images of what you mean? 

As for the indexing, for the newer versions this may be normal, at least for the first time you mount the drive, as it's forcibly re-indexing all of the data on the provider,

Could you grab images of what you mean? 

As for the indexing, for the newer versions this may be normal, at least for the first time you mount the drive, as it's forcibly re-indexing all of the data on the provider,

Yeah all is well both drive mounted, just one seems to have errors on it as it is showing up as a 4 KB remaining when in truth it should have TBs of space. Gotta run chkdsk again. Last time i ran it for a week and it never progressed passed a point. So i might have to run it forever in order for it to fix the drive.