Slow Download from Google Drive

loganwolf

Question

Hello,

I'm having an issue where I'm able to upload data anywhere between 150mbps to 300mbps, however my download rates are consistently sub 20mbps (and at times less than 5).  I'm on a synchronous 1gig connection.  Anything I can do to troubleshoot this issue?  I had envisioned being able to stream from plex, however, even at 8mb/sec trans-coding, I'm getting constant buffering, and videos take quite a while to load. 

Attached is fairly typical.

post-3285-0-32593400-1485209189_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

With your connection, set you chunk size to 20MB, set your minimum download size to 20MB, 400 to 800MB prefetch and 20 threads, you should get solid download performance (100Mbps+)

It will take longer to load initially on startup, but then it will play smoothly throughout the video. 

Make sure you've got a solid SSD cache disk. 

With your connection, set you chunk size to 20MB, set your minimum download size to 20MB, 400 to 800MB prefetch and 20 threads, you should get solid download performance (100Mbps+)

It will take longer to load initially on startup, but then it will play smoothly throughout the video. 

Make sure you've got a solid SSD cache disk. 

I wouldn't recommend more than 10 threads here.   More than that can potentially cause issues (eg, trigger Google's flood production and throttle you)