Ignoring Drives for Drivepool

jcinwentz

Question

Does anyone have a way of making Drivepool ignore drives on a system.  Drivepool shows my system drive (C:) and the Recovery Drive (F:) as available for it to use in pooling.

Don't think we want either drive to be used and I'm wondering if there's a way to not let a certain drive appear in the list of available drives. 

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Does anyone have a way of making Drivepool ignore drives on a system. Drivepool shows my system drive (C:) and the Recovery Drive (F:) as available for it to use in pooling.

Don't think we want either drive to be used and I'm wondering if there's a way to not let a certain drive appear in the list of available drives.

Thanks

No you can't remove them. But even if they are in the list, if you don't click on the add option, they won't be added to your pool. Dp doesn't do this automatically.

Well, there is a way to do this, if you really, really must.

If you convert the disks to "dynamic disks", it will no longer show them.

However, doing so may cause issues down the line (such as restoring, or if you eventually do want to add one of them to the pool).

But as Saitoh has indicated, the drives are not automatically added to a pool ever, and there is no harm in leaving them on the "non-pooled" list.