Restarting CloudDrive Application

Quiks

Question

Hi,

I've recently run into an issue where it appears my clouddrive isn't creating new connections for uploading (both google drive and amazon cloud drive). Downloading is working fine.

I assume that restarting my computer would likely fix this problem, but I'd prefer not to do that. Is there an easy way to restart the application?

I see there's 2 services, 

"Stablebit CloudDrive Service and StableBit CloudDrive Shutdown Service"

I would have restarted them already, but I'd like to err on the side of caution as I don't want any possible corruption.

Can I just restart the "Stablebit CloudDrive Service" to let it re-establish itself?

3 answers to this question

Well, before trying anything, try upgrading to the latest public version (should be 1.0.0.802 as of last night)

And yes, the "StableBit CloudDrive Service" is the main service that handles everything.  But keep in mind, that it may take a while for the service to stop (minutes or more), as it has to perform a bunch of cleanup operations.  In fact, the "shutdown service" is what makes sure that Windows doesn't just kill the service for taking too long, and it delays the shutdown to give the main service time to complete.

I went ahead and installed the latest version, 802 over my 777 install. It looks like doing this requires me to restart anyways, haha. 

After restart, CloudDrive correctly started uploading again.

I'll add to my notes that restarting "StableBit CloudDrive Service" is the proper way to restart CloudDrive without restarting the machine.

I'll add to my notes that restarting "StableBit CloudDrive Service" is the proper way to restart CloudDrive without restarting the machine.

Just keep in mind that pretty much all updates are going to require a reboot.  This is true for StableBit DrivePool, as well, for the same reason.

Specifically, we cannot update the driver version without rebooting. It's already been loaded into memory, so it requires a reboot to unload it and load the new version.

This is a Windows "issue" and nt because of our software. 

(eg, detaching the drives doesn't help).

And i'm glad to hear that the new version is uploading. And hopefully, it stays that way. If not, let me know.