Did an inplace upgrade no longer see drives!

Atarres

Question

I had some issues with Windows 10 ENT 64bit and needed to do an inplace install to fix the issues. Kept apps and files and such, however my drives are not showing in DrivePool (data is intact and in Disk Manager). 

While the data is there, the drivepool is not showing up in the app or in my computer. But the drives are fully accessible. Also notable the Covefs driver is not showing up (after many reinstalls following the KB articles on full uninstall/reinstall). Any other things I can try? 

6 answers to this question

This may sound silly. But have you tried to just reinstall Drivepool since it isn't showing up? Sounds to me like the in place upgrade/install didn't keep Drivepool.

I'm pretty confident if you reinstall DP all will be well. I've moved drives from machine to machine, reinstall DP and everything shows up just like I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea actually one of the first things I did. Last comment I made was regarding that. The driver is not showing up anywhere and attempts to manually install are not working. Pretty sure the covefs driver not being installed upon reinstall is part of the problem. 

Yea actually one of the first things I did. Last comment I made was regarding that. The driver is not showing up anywhere and attempts to manually install are not working. Pretty sure the covefs driver not being installed upon reinstall is part of the problem.

Sorry, I thought that comment was in reference to the OS reinstall. My bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea it was a nasty one for sure. I usually only contact support as a last resort :S but you got me up and running and I appreciate that greatly. I will take your advice and go back to the CB build of windows, seems a number of issues with the build that did not get exposed until I did this inplace install. Rolling back seems the safest best at this point.