Rebooting computer causes Cloud Drive to go into recovery mode

cloudbyday90

Question

So a bit of a back story, I have two 4 TB hard drives pooled together using DrivePool, and CloudDrive pool cache sets on this pool.

Anytime I need to reboot my computer I turn "off" uploading by unchecking the upload box and wait for any uploads to finish. At this point nothing is being uploaded. I reboot the computer, and open up the GUI. 

Every single time, CloudDrive goes into recovery mode and I lose the drive while it recovers. Takes about 12 hours to finish. 

My download/upload throttle limit is 140/20, and its currently at 2.25 TB to upload.

Is there a way to cleanly reboot the computer while having files to upload without it going into recovery mode?

7 answers to this question

This is a good question. I have a similar problem - I always wait until the GUI has no activity in it before shutting down the computer. However 2/3 times It goes into recovery and re-uploads the cache on 200GB. Not sure if I need to detach the drive every time instead?

/F

edit: according to the log, it is due to "unsafe shutdown".

edit 2: Ok, sorry for being a bit slow, but is it so that I need to stop the service every time before a shut-down or reboot?

Am i then to assume it is the "Stablebit Clouddrive Shutdown Service" that should be stopped (which is as logic as pressing the old start-button on Windows XP :) )

To clarify, you're storing the cache on the drivePool drive, specifically?

If so, that may be part of the problem here. 

Does this happen if you use a normal, physical disk? 

In both cases, could you enable boot logging, and reproduce:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Boot_Time_Drive_Tracing

And open a ticket at https://stablebit.com/Contact

To clarify, you're storing the cache on the drivePool drive, specifically?

In my case no - it is stored on a local SSD which resides on the same disk as the OS.

Before reading this, I upgraded to .793 and I haven't been able to replicate it yet, however I had one thing setup differently than when it happened before (which I can test tonight): I haven't had PLEX running on the server when I now have tested this feature. Don't know if that is part of the problem but since PLEX is the only data stored on my ACD, it could affect.

Just to confirm: With version .793 I have not been able to reproduce the error where the system goes into recovery after reboot. I have also tested with having plex running and getting the same result.

One thing I haven't been able to test if when Windows 10 automatically reboots after an update has been performed and if that has any impact, but I'll hold of on that for now.

I'd like to know why simply restarting one's computer results in an unsafe shutdown?  Why should we have to do the "shutdown dance" of turning off uploads?

It's not specifically.  But it may be forcibly terminating the StableBit CloudDrive service, which for our software amounts to the same thing. 

There is a bunch of cleanup that MUST occur properly, or may cause issues with the cache.  Hence this check.

But if it's consistently doing this, make sure you're on the latest version, and see if this is still occurring.

If it is, then head to https://stablebit.com/Contact