Memory Leak

eldite

Question

More of a bug report than a forum question.  There is a memory leak when the drive dismounts (which happens all the damn time, by the way).   

Attached are the imagery of PoolMon showing CLFS (Cloud File System Driver) taking up 7GB of my 8GB of RAM.   It's hard to get this screenshot because the PC is basically unusable when you have a non-paged pool memory area taking up your entire RAM.

This is on the latest version (784 at time of writing), but I have also experienced the exact same thing on all other versions.   

This means that when connectivity fails, it then uses up all your ram and freezes the PC.  I see other people are reporting the same thing.   Hopefully it can be prioritized with this photographic evidence :)

These ongoing issues (retry count exceeded, memory leak, corrupt disks after upgrade) are slowly wearing down my love of this product. 

Thanks guys 

post-2613-0-08435100-1482911702_thumb.png

9 answers to this question

More of a bug report than a forum question.  There is a memory leak when the drive dismounts (which happens all the damn time, by the way).   

Attached are the imagery of PoolMon showing CLFS (Cloud File System Driver) taking up 7GB of my 8GB of RAM.   It's hard to get this screenshot because the PC is basically unusable when you have a non-paged pool memory area taking up your entire RAM.

This is on the latest version (784 at time of writing), but I have also experienced the exact same thing on all other versions.   

This means that when connectivity fails, it then uses up all your ram and freezes the PC.  I see other people are reporting the same thing.   Hopefully it can be prioritized with this photographic evidence :)

These ongoing issues (retry count exceeded, memory leak, corrupt disks after upgrade) are slowly wearing down my love of this product. 

Thanks guys 

This might be why my cloud drive is dismounting drives. I haven't figured out why it is just yet. Mine doesn't shut down my PC cause my Ram is about 24

I am on .784 as well and I have been seeing this same issue although mine seems to be more related to downloading/uploading to the drive. No disconnects yet. Non-paged pool is consuming almost all available 16 GBs of memory I have attached a picture to show the usage as well.

post-3171-0-84117600-1482988040_thumb.png

I just had something like this happen. Weird set of circumstances where it was spamming this over and over at one point in the Service Log:

0:33:45.2: Warning: 0 : [CloudDrive] Error updating statistics. Systemet finner ikke angitt fil

0:33:45.5: Warning: 0 : [CloudDrive] Error getting write requests from driver. Systemet finner ikke angitt fil

"Systemet finner ikke angitt fil" -> "The system cannot find the file specified"

I unfortunately didn't think to log anything else like using the tools OP used.

I can't say whether the issues are related. However there's definitely some sort of memory leak going on who's pattern I've been unable to put together. I'll report back if I can a way to replicate.

in .784 im getting issue.

seems that the more i dowbload the faster it happens, so could be related to how the chunks are handled. did a stress test with constant download during the night and went to 99% memory usage. if i dont download non stop it takes some days, which could be because itbtakes some days to reach thesame chunk amount

in .784 im getting issue.

seems that the more i dowbload the faster it happens, so could be related to how the chunks are handled. did a stress test with constant download during the night and went to 99% memory usage. if i dont download non stop it takes some days, which could be because itbtakes some days to reach thesame chunk amount

See below, it pretty much explains the behavior. :)

Today I see this comment in the changelog:

* [D] [issue #27311] Fixed a memory leak in the prefetcher.

Thank you !! 

Yup, definitely was a memory leak, and in the prefetcher.

@steffen, this is most likely why you'd see more and more issues with downloading (prefetching)