Upgrading to latest version = 2 corrupt drives. Detach resulted in "Deleted Drive"

steffenmand

Question

[sOLVED]

Hi,

After upgrading from .770 to the latest version i suddently got two corrupt drives that wouldn't load on mounting

As i wanted to see if a detach and reattach would fix it, i decided to detach both - with success.

However they are now registered as "Destroyed Drives"

I got 40 TB data total on these drives and would really be sad if this was suddently gone!

What to do ?!?!? Do you have a way to recover these drives?

8 answers to this question

I was on an old version 1.0.0.4xx?   I think.   I upgraded yesterday (24th) and a similar thing.    All data on the drive become totally corrupt, e.g. none of the files would open succesfully.   After clearing cache and then detaching and re-attaching.  The drive no longer mounts in windows.  Tried re-authing too.  Cloud drive connects, but windows it shows an a brand new disk and windows disk management asks me if I want to initialize this disk.   

Interestingly, I had 2 drives, under separate accounts, one is encrypted, one is not.   This was the encrypted one, the other one seems okay.  

It appears to be toast.   Luckily I have it all backed up, but it will be 25 day upload for me to restore it... not really looking forward to that. 

Steffenmand,

Can you give us an update on any progress you have made in getting these drives working again?  I am holding off on any update until I hear back from you.

No progress - gave Stablebit access to my google drive accounts so they can look at the stuff, so waiting for them to get back - They most likely took some days off between christmas and new years, so I think i will hear something soon :)

Both my drives are now working again.

Stablebit told me how to fix it!

Seems i had two folders named "Stablebit Clouddrive" after the upgrade and i had to copy stuff over so everything was in one folder only :)

Now i am a happy man again :)

Yeah, due to the API Pool change, there was a version or two, that could cause multiple "stableBit CloudDrive" folders to appear.

Since the different "accounts" (basically) had different permission scopes, it could cause multiple drives to show up. 

Deleting the older on is the "simple" fix.  But if you have multiple drives, this can be a bit more tricky. 

Yeah, due to the API Pool change, there was a version or two, that could cause multiple "stableBit CloudDrive" folders to appear.

Since the different "accounts" (basically) had different permission scopes, it could cause multiple drives to show up. 

Deleting the older on is the "simple" fix.  But if you have multiple drives, this can be a bit more tricky. 

90% of the files ended up corrupt though :-( will have to reupload