Feature Request: Be able to use Ramdrive and fast external USB drives.

chcguy88

Question

My harddrive is working really hard when I am copying from one cloud drive to another cloud drive. (Understandably as it is reading and writing 2x or so times per file). As the title up top suggests- These are features that I would love to see in cloud drive--

1. I would like to be able to use a external usb drive like this as the temporary storage when mounting a drive.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-Flash-Drive-SDCZ80-064G-GAM46/dp/B00KT7DOSE/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1481315279&sr=1-2&keywords=sandisk+extreme

2. Support the ability to use Ramdisk software drives as the temporary storage drive when mounting. 

I am using a laptop that has one ssd drive internal and one harddrive internal. As far as cloud drive is concerned, no other drives exist to the system. Since my ssd is tiny (128gb) I would like to use the ram in the system or this usb drive (which has read and writes at 260MB/s). This is a major issue when copying from one cloud drive to another. 

The software I am using is "ImDisk".

-----

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

StableBit CloudDrive doesn't support using flash drives for the cache, for the same reason that Windows doesn't let you use these for the cache: They're removable disks.  

Remove it while in use, and it WILL BSOD the system, every time. 

As for using RAM Disks for cache? 

No.  It won't happen, because this WILL lead to data corruption. Period. End of story. 

What happens when the system loses power unexpectedly?  You lose everything in that RAMDisk. And that would include "to upload" data. Which can corrupt you drive, rendering it inoperable, or corrupt data.