Drive Pool 2.0 "final" not showing disk performance

SantiagoDraco

Question

In the WHS 2011 dashboard the DP plugin is not showing any disk activity on the pool at any time.   This includes times of user generated use and functions like duplication and balancing.

Also, and possibly related, I have performance issues if a scan starts and I'm trying to stream from the pool, say a blu-ray rip, which should be well within the performance of the pool I would think.  

I had some issues with a bad drive previously and the pool becoming corrupt and I was forced to reinstall clean.   I'm going to try clearing again but I'd like to understand (if this solves the issue) why clearing configuration data would fix performance issues.

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

My guess is that you are having an issue with the performance counters with Windows.

Could you try this and see if it fixes the issue?

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q2150495

And if this is the issue, there has been a rash of this issue going around. Though, your case would be the first one in while though.

That hotfix *could* have corrupted the disk counters, which is what we read. That or the memory leak may be related to that issue. But either way, that's probably at least RELATED to the issue. And that should definitely fix the issue, if that's the case. 

Just make sure to reboot after running the command lines.

That hotfix *could* have corrupted the disk counters, which is what we read. That or the memory leak may be related to that issue. But either way, that's probably at least RELATED to the issue. And that should definitely fix the issue, if that's the case. 

Just make sure to reboot after running the command lines.

Actually I applied the hotfix after the problem appeared so it wasn't the cause.    But it's working now so that's all that matters :)