Everything good until last night - error w missing chunk

kirkyg

Question

I previously posted about having problems with these warnings about the HTTP Gateway timeout errors.  I still get those even with a different provider but i did not have any missing chunks or issues over the past week or more.  I'm now 340GB into copy a ton of data to my ACD account and last night i received an error right at the end of a few GB's on a single file being copied.  Here is the last piece of the logs:

CloudDrive.Service.exe Warning 0 Unable to read MFT. File record invalid. 2016-11-26 11:00:27Z 2476856083385
CloudDrive.Service.exe Warning 0 Unable to read MFTMirr. File record invalid. 2016-11-26 11:00:27Z 2476856090892
CloudDrive.Service.exe Warning 0 [PinDiskMetadata] Error pinning NTFS data. Unable to read MFTMirr. File record invalid. 2016-11-26 11:00:27Z 2476856094373

This morning when i looked just now it shows a 0 byte chunk in the file i copied last night which has not occurred in this new drive i setup once as of yet (there are the header records that has 2-3 0 byte chunks when drive was first created).  So at this point im thinking clearly there is data missing from this file.  So i deleted it from my drive view and was prepared to just re-upload it.  When i did so the chunks that were created were NOT removed and still remain.

So my question is should it not have removed all of the chunks created during that 2-3 hour copy period and what do i do now?  Is it safe for me to try re-upload now? and is data now orphaned on the drive?

Here is a screenshot of last few chunks:

post-2839-0-34211900-1480168422_thumb.jpg

1 answer to this question

Well, I know that ACD had an outage sometime this week.  That may be the source of the issues. 

As for the error you're seeing, the "MFT" is a very important (critical) part of NTFS.  It's the file allocation table, basically. 

If you're not using NTFS or you're using some sort of encryption, then this may be fine, as the data structure may not exist or may be obfuscated.  This does not include the built in full drive encryption functionality. 

However, the 0byte chunk may be normal.  This can happen if the data is zeroed out, but these files usually do get filled up. 

More than likely, there may have been some corruption on Amazon's side, that caused the the empty file.

If you don't have any "to upload" data, try detaching the drive and reattaching it.