Pool Disapeared

pettakos

Question

I am experiencing a very strange situation. Pool consisting of 5 disks at the moment has disappeared, all disks are ok, 3 4tb and 2 5tb, windows disk management console reporting the two 5tb's as raw, when assigning drive letters to all of them, poolpart folders are there files are ok, 95% of the pool is duplicated, the two disks that disk Management is showing as raw under their properties are showing as NTFS which is normal, their health is ok, it is possible to use them meaning reading and writing data to them.

What am I supposed to do?

Drivepool version 2.2.0.651 beta

5 answers to this question

These are physical disks, correct?

And if so, internal or external?

Also, do you have Samsung Magician installed on the system?

Also, is this an intel based board with the Intel RST drivers installed? 

And have you tried running a CHKDSK pass on all of the pooled disks?

yes they are physical internal sata iii drives. No, my boot ssd is a 120gb Intel. The board is intel based s1150, Rst drivers are not installed.

What I actually did, is to move all data to other disks outside of the pool, do a clean install from win 8.1 to 10 pro, released my DB licence, installed the stable version of DB,

pool is up and running normally, moved over the data, seems ok. No issues at all, I still can't explain it though, perhaps it was an operating system corruption that caused the issue, I really don't know.

Anyway, thanks once again for the assistance.