I/O Errors Google Drive

IanT65

Question

I have a 5tb Google Drive with approximately 600gb of movies on it to test the service, I am seeing a lot (thousands) of I/O or Access is Denied errors

yBIxpVw.png

It is also showing a few "unsafe shutdowns" even tho my pc has not crashed.

Any ideas what would cause so many "access is denied" errors?

9 answers to this question

The access denied issues could be a number of issues, but the "bandwidth" indication is likely related to the "Rate Limit Exceeded" errors we've been running into. 

I would recommend upgrading to the latest version, reauthorize the drive (Drive Options -> reauthorize), and see if that helps: 

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.0.770_x64_BETA.exe

Thanks, I already had it check for an update yesterday so assumed I was using the latest, does the update check not work?

I'll download and install the update, thanks.

After the update I no longer have the google drive on my pc and it's giving me dire warnings about what will happen if i force it to attach, I assume it is safe to attach the drive?

621277d68860ff845e54b82d9975e3e8.png

How do I resolve this please?

After a reboot I am constantly prompted to format the drive as it tries to mount. I've been forced to uninstall CloudDrive as the constant prompts and failures to format the drive made the pc unusable, ignoring them just meant I had stacks of the prompts on the screen.

As much as I hate bumping posts, BUMP

Well I took a look at the download page and found there were some newer betas, so installed StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.0.776_x64_BETA

Is there some location showing the latest version? The download link on http://stablebit.com/CloudDrive/Downloadshows 1.0.0.463 BETA

It would be much easier on customers if you actually updated the link or had a link directing to the latest build.

And still the program says the drive is mounting, then shows it as a 5tb drive in the program but not windows, followed by "connecting to service" then a format request for the drive that fails, then it all repeats ad infinitum (or until i uninstall the prgram as i cant detatch the drive).

b656951f40ed173616da6231130cb86b.png6523273745b200d61506e47751171a6e.png

The image posted is not a format screen. 

For this, it means that StableBit CloudDrive has detected the the drive is attached on a different system.  

If that isn't the case (eg, if this is the same system), let us know. Then select the "Force Attach" option. 

Once that's done, detach the drive ("Drive Options" -> Detach), reboot, and then attach the drive. 

If you continue to have issues, let me know. 

If you are seeing "format" issues, check Disk Management when this happens.  

And in this case, let me know what provider you're using, the cache size and the cache type. 

Ugh, I refresh the page and .... it didn't update properly. 

To address the newer stuff, the "IPC" port is the normal method for apps to communicate between themselves. It's a very normal thing, and if that isn't working properly, it may indicate an issue with the install. 

Could you grab the logs from the system? 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_CloudDrive_Logs

Logs are sent. It is the same system, just newer version of the program that you said to install, followed by the latest version a couple of days later.

I could not attach the drive as clicking on any of the drive options or program options (such as reset) locks up the program then the mounting and format routine starts over again, so I again uninstalled the program so as to be able to use my pc.