Drivepool Read Striping w/ Multiple CloudDrives (Google Drive + ACD + Whatever)

Suspi

Question

I posted this in the Drivepool forum by mistake, so I'm going to crosspost it here.

First off, I want to say that this is an amazing product. I've been tinkering around with it for the past month and while I've had to recreate my drives a bunch of times, the possibility of encrypted attached cloud storage is awesome.

So here's my question. I've been hitting the same Google Drive throttling and API call limitations that has been reported by others. I'm wondering if I can use Drivepool's duplication to create read striping across multiple cloud providers. The intent is that when the pool is accessed, it'll draw the bits from any cloud provider that can currently serve at the highest download rate. I have an assumption that different cloud services will be inaccessible at random times, so I want to maintain the best uptime by spreading out the access.

Will this setup work? I'm basically trying to create a cloud NAS to consolidate my drives until I get around to building an actual NAS.

1 answer to this question