Formatting Issue with Onedrive and Onedrive for Business

TR3JACK

Question

Hi, 

I have been longtime user of Drivepool so I decided I would trial CloudDrive to see if it would be useful to me.

First I tested it with Onedrive but I kept getting an error with formatting the drive.

So then I switched to Onedrive For Business but ran into the same issue.

Finally I tested it with Google drive which finally worked for me.

So I did some digging on the forum for the issue and i came across the tread

http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/1759-unable-to-create-a-new-drive-in-windows-10/?p=12303

To clarify for anyone, the specific issue is with using the 8K sector size when creating the disk, It appears that Windows, or our driver, or something has an issue with it. Using the 4K sector size should fix this issue.

And this affects all providers.

So I went back to check my settings when creating the Drive and the only option available is 4K or 512 sector size. Finally I decided to try to manually format the drive but this time I used 8192 bytes and suddenly it started working. 

I am currently using clouddrive 1.0.0.463 BETA on Windows 7 Enterprise.

R,

Trev.

1 answer to this question

It's an alignment issue, speciifcally, and should be completely fixed in the newest beta versions. 

And there is a difference between sector size and cluster (allocation unit) size. 

You can check the sector size in StableBit Scanner (yes, even with CloudDrive disks) IIRC.