Removeable Drive for Cache

dasani3x

Question

Hello,

When I first installed Clouddrive about a month ago I had the local cache stored on a removal hard drive since it had 500GB room for caching. A while back I moved it to the local C: drive to see if it would help performance, and I think it has made everything much worse. Now, I am trying to mount it back to the original E: drive (the portable hard drive), and it is only listing the C: drive. I see that it says that you are only supposed to mount on a non-removeable drive, but I had much worse performance on the disk drive so I would like to see if there was a way to overwrite that and return to the portable drive.

1 answer to this question

In newer drivers, we've removed the option to use removal disks. 

The reason for this, is that we use the cache much like a page file, and it can cause serious issues if the drive "disappers" (it can BSOD). 

And no, we don't have an option to allow it to be placed on removal disks.  I can flag a request for doing so, but it may not happen. This is because of how "unsafe" it is to do so.