Migrating 40 TB ext4 file

denywinarto

Question

Hmm also chris, i think this version is unstable and often lock files randomly, which is the latest stable version before this?

I'm not sure what that is but there's a spinning search icon on some of my drives

Tried restarting explorer but i can't expand or access the drives now.. only a spinning search icon on "This PC"

Maybe there's a delayed process or something..

Well explorer is practically not working now, there's only a spinning search button on my PC

i must wait for early morning before i can reboot the server

Please advice, is it safe to rollback to prev stable version chris? and which one is the latest stable?

Got this when i tried to dopwngrade to the latest stable from download page. should i disable drivepool service first?

EyUFjp5.png

Deny, 

specifically, the issue here is that you appear to have the same name files, with different cases (upper vs lower) in the same folders.  This ... theoretically isn't possible in Windows (well, NTFS), and StableBit DrivePool is choking here.  This is what is causing the measurement failure outright, and may be what is causing the system instability in general. 

I've posted the summary from Alex's analysis here: 

The measuring pass failed because \ANIMASI\Animasi_F-J\{removed}\poster.jpg was found twice with the same name in \Device\HarddiskVolume9\PoolPart.2a5d7fc6-efa7-4abf-9c95-3fc6717cf329. Once as poster.jpg and then another time as Poster.jpg

We can't really continue the measure in this case. This type of scenario should not be possible in Windows. I suppose we can skip that file, but DrivePool is not designed to deal with files with the same name but different case, so there might be other issues down the line. Perhaps a 3rd party file system filter is involved that's screwing up the directory listings.

Since the original error reported was for a different file, this issue is probably not isolated to a single file.

I've changed the insufficient resources error to "internal error", which more closely matches the problem.

Unfortunately, the solution here really isn't a software one.... it basically means that you need to scrub the data and make sure that you remove these duplicate files. Manually. 

And to re-emphasize here, this shouldn't be possible. Period.  Windows and NTFS is NOT case sensitive, and poster.jpg is the same as Poster.jpg, and should only exist once in a specific folder.  

As for the error, if you are trying to downgrade, you need to uninstall the current version first. Reboot and then install the older version.

But most likely, this will NOT fix the issue that you're seeing. 

Could you tell me what is supposed to be the name of "removed" in  \ANIMASI\Animasi_F-J\{removed}\poster.jpg?

There's only 91 folders in ANIMASI\Animasi_F-J\, i search through all of them and only found 1 poster.jpg in each folders (required for Kodi)

tried using grepwin which supports case sensitive searching but found nothing.

Or could you advice what tools should i use to track down these duplicates? 

Maybe it has something to do with my migration from ubuntu?

The error in my prev post was suddenly gone after i reboot it, i suspected it was because debugging mode.

Also there was another strange bug (?) some of my movies are mysteriously gone, only the folders remains, i noticed this while searching through poster.jpg.

I also saw this like 2 months ago but i thought it was because of me being reckless

Is there any known Drivepool bug related to this problem?

The specific example was for Heavy Metal, actually.

As for tool, something like Total Commander may work better.  Otherwise.... 

And yes, this could be an issue/artifact of migrating from Ubuntu, especially if you were using the linux NTFS driver at any point.

And worst case, the "nuclear" option may work here.  And that is specifically, clearing out a drive, formatting it, moving data over, and then repeating. 

As for the directory enumeration thing, there is a bug in the beta version, but was fixed in 2.2.0.683.

Otherwise, if this is over the network, there are some caching issues that can cause issues. 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q7420208

Aside from that, no, there shouldn't be any sort of bug that would cause this sort of issue. 

I kinda figure out how to remove the duplicates..

1. Look for which folde Drivepool Error is pointing to

2. Delete the content of that folder to recycle Bin

3. Ctrl + Z but choose to skip the same file/folder, drivepool can resume measuring that part

But now there's one folder i cant figure out,

Have deleted the files inside it, and ctrl + z but there was no duplicates,

delete the troubled folder but drivepool is still detecting it

qDWDZdt.png

Any idea how to solve this one?

There really isn't an easy way to do this... since theoretically, it "shouldn't happen" in the first place.   

But I'm guessing you created the NTFS formatted drives before moving over? If so .... go linux...

That said, the simplest solution may be a massive "juggling" of data, which is basically what you're doing. 

Could you point me to which part it stucks like you did last time? it's almost finished measuring, like 98-99%

as of removing hdd, last time i did that the data was scattered or something, is there a removal hdd wiki somewhere?

And i can't have it removed for too long thats why i prefer "juggling" the data like this

YOu'd need to get the trace logs again, and submit them. And then it may take a few days to go through them. 

As for the removal, well, no there really isn't a wiki for it. As it's a simple process for the most part. But it is covered in the manual. 

http://stablebit.com/Support/DrivePool/2.X/Manual?Section=Removing%20a%20Drive%20from%20the%20Pool

As for the downtime, I definitely understand that.  In this case, using the "Drive Usage Limiter" balancer may help here. Open the balancer settings, and open up this balancer plugin in particular. Uncheck both the "duplicated" and "Unduplicated" data options for the disk in question. This will cause the software to balance the data off of the drive in question, clearing it out. Once this is finished, the removal should complete relatively quickly, rather than taking hours.