Migrating 40 TB ext4 file

denywinarto

Question

Ok thanks christopher..

I tried moving the troubled file but it gave the same error again on the same drive

My library is sorted alphabetically.,,

Yesterday the error was on "B" subfolder, this time, it's in "D" subfolder

chkdsk doesnt show anything strange,

one of my hdd is almost full.. so i really could use the balancing feature..

No fix yet for this? Running sonarr and one of my hdd is almost full..

Edit : running full version of Scanner now, it did pick up a file system damage on one of the drives,

which is odd because chkdsk didnt find it,

Scanning all drives now, will re-measure again after that, hopefully it'll work

All drives are healthy, just finished scanning. 

But drivepool still can't measure it :(

Exact same error... please help me with this..

Could you enable trace logging, remeasure the pool and stop the logging as soon as the measuring errors out? 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

And run this:

http://dl.covecube.com/Troubleshooter/StableBit.Troubleshooter.exe

And if you could, open a ticket at https://stablebit.com/Contact 

Could you enable trace logging, remeasure the pool and stop the logging as soon as the measuring errors out? 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Log_Collection

And run this:

http://dl.covecube.com/Troubleshooter/StableBit.Troubleshooter.exe

And if you could, open a ticket at https://stablebit.com/Contact 

Done, http://stablebit.com/Contact/2502469

Trying to figure out what went wrong here..

1. had another empty 8tb so i copied the content of troubled drive there, (i added it to pool before)

2. remove troubled drive from pool > both options checked > failed, error: access denied

3. made the drive offline 

4. added the folders in new drive to poolpart so they are in correct structure

5. re-measure the pool > same error insufficient API, but this time on different drive

But the new drive was successfully measured..

So could it be  because the pooled drive had an existing content before i added it to pool?

Would it be possible to setup remote session for my problem Chris ? been waiting almost a month

to be honest i really could use the balancing feature

edit ; 

6. had to undo all this, apparently drivepool already spread my data so some datas were missing when the troubled disk was offline

The problem is, that for more technical issues like this, Alex is the one that deals with it. He's the developer, I'm "just" the tech support guy.

And we've very close to a stable release of CloudDrive, so a lot of the focus has really been on that. 

That said, if you schedule a remote support session with him, that *may* expedite the issue, assuming he has the time.  

So i can assume my problem will be fixed next version?

Also i have another question... does drivepool override smbbandwidthlimit?

I set the bandwidthlimit on win serv to 10MBps.. but copying from the share still gives me 30MBps

It *should*, yes. 

If alex is able to identify and fix it, it will be included in the next public beta build for DrivePool. 

As for the SMBBandwidthLimit,  I'm not sure about that. 

If I had to guess, is that since Drivepool is writing to multiple disks, it's not properly limiting it.

By chance, for the folder in question, do you have x3 duplication enabled? 

It *should*, yes. 

If alex is able to identify and fix it, it will be included in the next public beta build for DrivePool. 

As for the SMBBandwidthLimit,  I'm not sure about that. 

If I had to guess, is that since Drivepool is writing to multiple disks, it's not properly limiting it.

By chance, for the folder in question, do you have x3 duplication enabled? 

Nope, still at x1,

high smb speed causing overtraffic for our bandwidth... 

Have to figure out a way to limiit it somehow

Okay, well, that's easy to test.

And unfortunately, testing two disks not in pools, it looks like this setting isn't exactly respected anyways.  Setting it to "50MBs" on my server, and attempting to both read and write to the non-pooled share maxed out the network connection. 

And specifically, it looks like it only affects the traffic that is originated from that server.  That means that if you start the copy to or from the server, this setting will affect the speeds you see.

But if you copy for a client OS.... you won't see this ever, because it's not supported, there is no way to install the feature nor configure it.  

So it appears that this setting is ONLY for servers, and only affects traffic "generated" on that specific server. 

That said, this appears to be specifically for domain replication, hyper-V live migrations and similar operations, and not designed for client OS's. 

Is the "inssufficent system resource" error still occurring? 

If so: 

• First, check the amount of pooled memory used (both paged pool and non-paged pool) with task manager.
  • If it's excessive, you can use poolmon to figure out which driver is using up all of the memory. Or you can enable verifier on covefs and it can tell you how much memory is being used in real-time ("display information about the currently verified drivers").
  • If it's covefs, then enable verifier, reboot and remeasure. Once it fails, capture a kernel memory dump and send it this way. I'll be able to tell what's leaking and where.

Is the "inssufficent system resource" error still occurring? 

If so: 

• First, check the amount of pooled memory used (both paged pool and non-paged pool) with task manager.
  • If it's excessive, you can use poolmon to figure out which driver is using up all of the memory. Or you can enable verifier on covefs and it can tell you how much memory is being used in real-time ("display information about the currently verified drivers").
  • If it's covefs, then enable verifier, reboot and remeasure. Once it fails, capture a kernel memory dump and send it this way. I'll be able to tell what's leaking and where.

Just re-measured it again, and yes still same error

wlFadxw.png

Paged pool and nonpaged pool didnt increase much during re-measuring process..