Cloud Drive preventing Windows Server 2012 from shutting down

Desani

Question

I have cloud drive running on Windows server 2012 R2 with connected with 2 Providers. 1 disk is with Amazon Cloud Drive and 1 is with Google Drive.

Each time I try to restart the server it hangs and does not shutdown. I have to for the server to power off after several hours and when it comes back online Cloud Drive does a recovery on each of the drives and has to upload the entire local cache back to the cloud.

In event viewer on the server I get the message: "The StableBit CloudDrive Shutdown Service service did not shut down properly after receiving a preshutdown control."

I am running Version 1.0.0.463 BETA.

Is there any way I can pre-shutdown the service properly before I attempt to restart the server? I have checked before shutting down that everything had finished uploading to each service and it was not waiting on data that was still being uploaded.

5 answers to this question

This may be normal....

Specifically, StableBit CloudDrive halts the shutdown process until the data is fully flushed to the disk.  Otherwise, data corruption can occur.  

However, if you're using the 1.0.0.463 build, I'd recommend upgrading, as there are a number of fixes that may help:

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.0.631_x64_BETA.exe

This may be normal....

Specifically, StableBit CloudDrive halts the shutdown process until the data is fully flushed to the disk.  Otherwise, data corruption can occur.  

However, if you're using the 1.0.0.463 build, I'd recommend upgrading, as there are a number of fixes that may help:

http://dl.covecube.com/CloudDriveWindows/beta/download/StableBit.CloudDrive_1.0.0.631_x64_BETA.exe

Upgraded and it is now cleanly shutting down and restarting in about 10 minutes.

Thanks for the advice!