Permission issues

noodle

Question

As in this old post

http://forum.covecube.com/discussion/700/permission-issues-on-new-server-after-migration-from-whsv1/p1

Am having huge headaches with files not being readable.  I am completely confused, have tried the cmd prompt in that link but nothing says success or failure and when I search for the output file, it is not found.

An ideas on how to get these old whs v1 files readable?

Thanks very much

4 answers to this question

Thanks guys, I'd overlooked that, was a late night last night haha.  This got rid of some issues.  

The rest appear to be files that don't exist, maybe I have done as the poster linked above and copied tombstones instead of files?  I don't see where or how but this is life.

Once the bad version in the pool is removed, the other remaining intact one works so just a matter of slogging though them.  

Am trying now to cut and paste a batch of folders/files to a new location on another non pooled drive from each pool drive, the bad file then appears to be dumped.

Not sure this makes sense but might help someone if they come across this.

Fingers crossed will now have migrated to 2011 without a file lost, will see in some hours time :)

If you're messing with the old "D:\shared" folder structure.... don't. Those are all the tombstones.

Also, you are doing/have done this, correct?

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q5463715

This makes the migration process SUPER simple, easy and quick.

(sorry that I overlooked/forgot to mention this sooner)