TeleFragger

Question

Ok so I am installing as we speak. My hardware is as follows:

HP Z420

Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.60ghz

16gb ram

1x 128gb ssd - OS

3x 2tb WD Black

slowly will remove my 3x 2tb WD Black from my other whs and get all 6 in my new machine

so far

Server 2016 installed

Windows Essentials Experience Role installed

Stablebit Drive Pool installed

5 answers to this question

If the other drives are pooled using StableBit DrivePool, you can just immediately move them over without any issues. 

Though, I'm guessing you're swapping hard drives? 

And yeah, both StableBit DrivePool and StableBit Scanner will work just fine. Grab the WHS2011 version of StableBit Scanner, as it features dashboard integration (and yes, does work properly here).

however, you may need to activate Scanner, close the dashboard and re-open it to get it working fine. 

Agreed... I am however going through a MASSIVE CLEANUP and don't want to just move drives in... I am deleting A TON OF STUFF!!!!

so I do however have my gaming rig, a hp touchsmart (kids homework pc) both connected via the connector... my laptop wont go..

got my surface, wifes laptop to get in then figure out what is up with my laptop...

Ah, yeah, a cleanup isn't a bad idea. :)

But deleting things?!?!?!?!

BLASPHEMY!!

:) 

As for the clients, connected via the connector isn't the same as domain joined.   Do the accounts use "DOMAIN\username"? If so, then yes, it's domain joined (or hit "Win+Pause/Break", and it will list "Domain" in the computer name and workgroup settings). 

If it's not, then nothing to worry about. 

Machines used @gmail accounts to login and now after running the connector...

the connector HAS joined them to the domain!!!! and they want to login that way but you can still login with anything.. just type email@gmail.com and it will login...

PC backups working on 2 devices.. laptop wont join still but not worried for now...

i do remember on previous versions you had to domain join on your own and there was a script/reg hack you had to run first... but seems that isnt needed anymore and this connector does both domain join and connector add