Performance-Based Balancer?

srcrist

Question

Hey guys,

So, first of all, let me say that I've been using the stablebit products for a month or so now, and I love them. You do phenomenal work, and I'm very impressed. Kudos.

What I'm wondering is if there is a balancer or some method of sorting data by usage and drive throughput? To be clearer: I'm looking to have DrivePool move my most frequently used files to my faster, local drives, while moving my least used files (things like media, old documents, etc) to my Google Drive CloudDrive automatically.

Thus far I've been using the file placement balancer to specify that certain directories be located on the cloud storage, but it occured to me that an automatic process might be very useful for the CloudDrive synergy. Is there any way to do this in the existing software suite? Any thoughts on adding the functionality?

2 answers to this question

No, we don't currently have anything like that.   And implementing something like that would not be a small task.  

It has been mentioned before, and it may be something that we implement down the line. But again, we don't have anything like that right now. 

Though, I did add a feature request for this:

https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/27202